Hockey New Brunswick has released Version 2 of the Return to Hockey Guidelines.
Updates to the document include:
- Section 4 – Safety Guidelines: under ‘Physical Distancing’ – recommend teams reduce number of Team Officials on players bench.
- Section 5 - Education: Appendix F and Appendix G – which includes updates on Coach and Officiating certification for the 2020-2021 season.
- Section 6 – Return to Hockey Structure: Addition of limited ‘checking’ in drills under Phase 2.
- Section 6 – Return to Hockey Structure: Phase 3 travel, changed to Exhibition games permitted within Zone.
- Section 6 - Return to Hockey Structure: Additional resources for modified games which are permitted in Phase 2.
- Section 6 - Return to Hockey Structure: Appendix H added, which includes a Regulations Review document with amendments due to COVID-19.
A tracking document has been created which outlines the changes that have been made to the Return to Hockey Guidelines, as well as an outline of the COVID-19 specific documentation that has been created.
Further information related to Phases 3 and 4 in the HNB Return to Hockey Guidelines will be available early October.
Additional COVID-19 resources are available at - https://hnb.ca/en/covid-19