The following requirements are being mandated by the OMHA for access to Soldiers Arena. These must be followed in conjunction with the Base guidelines and provincial Public Health measures.
1. All OMHA teams that have ice time scheduled at Soldiers Arena must provide the following to their Division Director no later than end of day Wednesday each week:
a. The name of the team volunteer that will be the liaison at the arena entrance checking for government issued ID and proof of vaccination.
b. The name of the team volunteer that will monitor mask usage in the arena.
2. Teams will not be permitted to enter Soldiers Arena until the liaison is present.
3. The liaison is required to be at the entrance area of Soldiers Arena for the duration of the
ice time. The liaison will be permitted to leave at the end of the ice time or when the next
liaison is present.
4. The liaison is required to check “all” participants for government issued ID and proof of
vaccination when entering Soldiers Arena (as the host team, we are required to check visitors). Individuals who cannot receive a vaccine because of a medical exemption will be required to show proof of exemption signed by a health care provider.
5. Use of face masks is mandatory while inside Soldiers Arena – no medical exemptions permitted.
6. Food and drink are currently permitted. When eating or drinking, the mask may be removed momentarily. (Note: Food and drink privileges will be removed if meeting face mask requirements becomes problematic).
Any infractions to the above requirements are to be handled in a prompt and timely manner. Infractions are to be recorded (identifying who, what and when) and escalated immediately to the Division Director, Vice Chair and Chair.
The consequences of not meeting these requirements will result in the following:
• 1st Infraction: A loss of the team’s next ice time (regardless of arena facility).
• 2nd Infraction: The team losing access/use of Soldiers Arena.